What is an All-on-4 Implant?
The pain of dentures is unbearable for many patients. Fortunately, All-on-4 dental implant treatment provides a total and comfortable teeth replacement option. An All-on-4 dental implant is a procedure that involves using four dental implants to support a complete set of functional custom-made prosthetic teeth.
Getting your teeth treated with the All-on-4 technology provides you with a simple fix for your smile in as little as one day. It gives you back the confidence and freedom that you may have lost because of the condition and appearance of your teeth. For patients who are considering dental implants, eDental Perth can provide a complete treatment on-site.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of All-on-4 Implants?
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
All-on-4 dental implants can transform the appearance of your smile, allowing you to feel confident about how you look for the rest of your life. Other benefits of this procedure include:
- There is little downtime – The All-on-4 technique is not only fast and straightforward but also convenient. You do not need multiple dental visits or surgeries before your natural teeth are replaced with a prosthetic set. It can be done in just one day with a single surgery, and you can have a natural-looking and complete restoration of all your missing teeth.
- Permanent fix – Unlike dentures, which move around and fall out, dental implants offer a stable, non-moving bite surface. All-on-4 dental implants are permanently in your mouth. They will not loosen or move with time so that you can enjoy the firmness and stability of your new set of teeth for an extended period.
- Complete teeth replacement – Terminal teeth are not always as appealing as you would like. Dental implants allow you to redesign your smile’s entire look simply by changing the type and style of your end tooth. Whether it’s the size, colour, shape, or location of your teeth, you can now adjust them to suit your tastes. No more hiding your smile.
- Saving money – All-on-4 treatment is less expensive than other tooth-replacement procedures. It can work out far more affordable compared to similar treatments such as traditional dentures or fixed bridges.
- Natural and comfortable appearance – The great thing about All-on-4 dental implants is that they are undetectable by others because they are completely fused with your jawbone and gum line. They will effectively function like natural teeth and create a beautiful long lasting smile. No one but those you tell will know that you have a set of fixed prosthetic teeth.
- No bone grafting – It is typically not necessary to undergo a bone grafting procedure. Traditional dental implants require a bone grafting procedure, an invasive surgical method that entails extracting a small piece of healthy jawbone and replacing it with the missing teeth. However, when you choose All-on-4 dental implants, you do not need to go through this process.
- Oral health – The surgery can also improve your oral health by replacing all your missing teeth, putting you at a lesser risk of gum disease. Besides, the procedure helps protect the remaining jaw bone from further damage by alleviating the pressure of a removable denture and replacing the missing jawbone with a stronger bite. This can also increase the density of your jawbone.
All-on-4 implants are an excellent option for people who have lost all of their teeth. The majority of patients are highly satisfied with the results. However, before you decide, consult your dentist to ensure that an implant is the best option for you.
The following are some considerations to keep in mind before choosing All-on-4 implants:
- If the jawbone is weak, then you may not be able to hold implants in place.
- There are no ways to test the feel or appearance of your teeth before undergoing the procedure.
- Implants cannot be placed in the mouth’s molar region where intense chewing and biting takes place.
How Long Does the Recovery Process Take After Undergoing an All-on-4 Implant?
The all-on-4 dental implant is minimally invasive and will typically only require a short recovery period. We usually recommend that you take time off to reduce swelling. You can return to regular eating right away, but soft foods are advised first to improve implant integration.
Following surgery, the team will check in with you to ensure that you are recovering well. A final set of prosthetic teeth will be made following the initial surgery. This final collection of teeth is more durable than the same-day teeth and even allows for a higher degree of cosmetic complexity.
Who’s a Good Candidate for the All-on-4 Dental Implant Treatment?
For patients with many or all of their teeth missing, the All-on-4 dental implant technique is a good choice. Patients with dentures or those who are soon to lose teeth can benefit from the treatment. The All-on-4 procedure is suitable for everyone, no matter their age. People who want to live an active lifestyle but don’t want to wear dentures can count on this treatment.
Do you have a perfect smile and healthy gums, but you’re missing one or more teeth? Dental implants can be your solution. All-on-4 dental implants are an excellent option for replacing missing teeth and fixing a smile in one day. They are a secure long-term solution for people with teeth difficulties.
eDental Perth has been providing this type of treatment for many years and we have multiple highly experienced Dentists to perform the treatment. We are a modern dental clinic located in Rivervale, Perth. We’re your ideal partner for the most effective and comfortable treatment.
If you are interested in a gap-free consultation, please call or book an appointment with us using our online form here. Our friendly team is looking forward to hearing from you.